Saturday, April 2, 2016

Bittersweet Farewells

No comments:
 


I am sitting in the Bangkok airport waiting for my 2nd out of four flights back to Norway.  I can't believe I am leaving Cambodia (for now).  It has been an incredible six weeks, full of joy and growth, challenges and experiences I am never to forget.

I am learning more and more to be content with where you are, to live in the here and now and let the future come when it is supposed to.  It is so easy to be caught up in dreaming of what will be that you miss out on what is.

I love Cambodia, and amidst the dirt, constant noise, strange smells, and corruption there is such a beauty that lies deep within the people, the culture, that all of those disenchanting fractions have no place in my heart when it comes to how I feel about Cambodia as a whole.

It was wonderful to be able to build off of the friendships I had made the previous summer and to leave with a feeling that I have more than just acquaintances but that I have friends.

In a way the best goodbyes are the hardest ones.  When you leave with tears in your eyes and a hole in your heart, be grateful, for it means you have impacted and been impacted to an extent where your absence from a place will be noticed by yourself and by others.  So while I was excited for fresh air, new babies to cuddle, and old friends to see, it was a bittersweet farewell.

Though, as I am continuing to learn about what it means to choose to seize each opportunity and live every day as it has the potential to be my best day yet,  I say I am grateful for what has been, I am enjoying what is, & I am excited for what will be. 

"There is an appointed time for everything.  And there is a time for every event under heaven"

Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff