Saturday, April 9, 2016

Here & There

No comments:
 


Hey friends!  I'm sorry I've been away for a few days.  Re-entry back into normal life hit me like a tidal wave.  I was wiped out for about five days,  my whole body just aching with tiredness.  I didn't have energy to do anything,  and all the things I normally love to do suddenly seemed impossibly overwhelming.  I was able to take the time I needed to rest which I am really thankful for.

Finally on Wednesday I started to feel like myself again.  I got to breathe some fresh air and visit some of my friends in town.  We cooked a delicious dinner together, made dessert, and laughed until we cried.  It was the best medicine for my soul and was the first time I didn't feel completely exhausted.  

We had a truly lovely graduation for our DTS and are now in the process of saying our goodbyes.  It is so surreal to not be constantly surrounded by the people whom you just shared life with for the past seven months.  Bittersweet to say the least.  But, like I've said,  I want to be grateful for what has been, enjoying what is,  and excited for what will be! 

Seasons change and this is the start of a new one, for the students and for me!  In just a few hours I will board a plane to Amsterdam where I will spend six weeks studying Human Trafficking and the Christian response.  I have the privilege of taking part of the "Shine" seminar which is put on by Ywam Amsterdam.  It's aim is "to provide resources and practical tools, while mobilising and connecting those who desire to pursue a long term missions calling as an activist or missions worker in communities impacted by the global sex trade." (taken from Ywam Amsterdam website) 

I am really look forward to this next chapter and my hope is that you will continue on this journey with me!  I will try to do short updates as often as possible, to help me process through the day and to share what God is doing.  

Let's wait with expectation and see what tomorrow brings!  Good night dear ones, sweet dreams! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff