Sunday, March 27, 2016

He is risen

No comments:
 


This morning I took the time to read through the crucifixion and the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

  "Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave. And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it. And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying. Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you.” Mattew 28:1-7

I kept thinking back to how it must have been for Jesus,  all of the pain He endured, for us.  I felt the urge to ask the question, "How was it on that day?"  

What God spoke back to me was so personal, impactful, and it was an answer I was compelled to share.   

"It was a day of great suffering, but it wasn't a question because of my great love for you.  I would do it again, just for you.  I love you that much.  Even if I knew all of your failures and mistakes before hand,  I would still die for your sins.  Just as I have risen from the dead, so you to have also risen from the grave of shame and guilt.  Together with me you have won the victory.  As I am alive, you have been made alive with me.  The past is buried, while you still may have some scars, carry them only as lessons you have learned not as burdens you bear.  I suffered to much for you to be dead in your transgressions and trapped by your fears and iniquities.  When I died, you died with me and I said "It is finished".  Now, as I live, you may choose to live with me.  I have set you into freedom."

Afterwards, I found a video talking about how Jesus loves Barabbas, and it really describes in greater detail what God has been speaking to me earlier. 

Jesus died on the cross for me. For you.  For us. Let us remember His great sacrifice, not only to day but each day, living our lives for Him.  He is the only one who can fill our lives and the only one worthy of our lives.  

For He is risen, He is risen indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff